At Phillips Paint & Decorating Center, we know the importance of every different kind of paint. Often when people think of painting projects, they picture interior walls, but outdoor paint is just as important as interior paint. The exterior of your home is how your house makes a first impression. A fresh coat of paint can entirely transform someone’s thoughts on your home. Our team understands the power paint for siding and paint colors for brick can have on the value and view of your home. That is why we carry a selection of Benjamin Moore exterior paint for every project.
Benefits of Exterior Paint
- Protection: Outdoor paint is an added layer between your exterior wall and the elements. The sun, wind, rain, sleet, and snow all cause damage to the outside of your home. Depending on the type of siding your home has, you might also need to worry about pests that can burrow into the surfaces. Exterior paint for siding adds a layer of protection that prevents much of that potential damage.
- Durability: Exterior paint can also increase the durability of your siding, masonry, and brick. Regularly repainted exterior walls will last much longer because they are protected from everyday wear and tear.
- Style: A fresh coat of exterior paint can transform the look of your home. The right paint colors for brick can breathe new life into your exterior and turn your home into the best-looking house in the neighborhood. Benjamin Moore exterior paints are available in hundreds of colors. You can choose a color that matches your aesthetic style or find the perfect match to fit in with the requirements of your neighborhood.
- Property Value: Better curb appeal not only increases the number of compliments you get on your home but can also increase your property value. A fresh coat of paint instantly makes your home appear cleaner and nicer even if no other changes are made. Studies show that painting on a new coat of Benjamin Moore exterior paint can increase property value by up to 5%.
- Cost-Effective: Exterior paint is a wonderfully cost-effective option for transforming the exterior of your home. In addition, you can easily change the color or finish of your home to modernize the aesthetic, stand out in your neighborhood, or match your new landscaping. The low cost makes it easy to make your home dream come true.
Exterior Paint Finishes
We offer several different finish options for our outdoor paint. Selecting the correct finish for paint for siding can affect the durability, longevity, and aesthetic beauty of your home’s exterior.
- Flat Finish: The most beneficial thing about flat finish exterior paint is its ability to hide imperfections. Matte finishes create a smooth look and good coverage that is great for wood siding and works well on vinyl siding.
- Eggshell or Satin Finish: These low luster finishes can hide imperfections and provide excellent coverage for porous surfaces. These exterior paint finishes have the added benefit of being easier to hose down and clean than flat finishes. They are great for vinyl siding, brick, and masonry. You can also use these finishes to give trim and doors a softer look.
- Semi-Gloss Finish: This outdoor paint finish is reflective and durable. It stands out in the sunlight, making it an excellent option for accents like eaves, soffits, overhangs, windowsills, door frames, and doors.
- High-Gloss Finish: This finish is great for high-traffic areas like doors because the high-gloss helps protect from oils and is easy to wipe clean. However, high gloss also highlights any existing imperfections in the material.
Exterior Paint Options
Not every exterior is created equal, which is why we carry several different types of outdoor paints from Benjamin Moore. Our selection includes.
Aura® Waterborne Exterior Paint
Aura® Grand Entrance® Door & Trim Enamel
ben® Waterborne Exterior Paint
Regal Select® Exterior High Build Paint
Phillips Paint & Decorating Center is here for all your exterior paint needs. We carry a vast selection of Benjamin Moore interior and exterior paints, as well as primers, specialty paints, and painting supplies. In addition to painting supplies, Phillips Paint & Decorating Center is your one-stop shop for interior design projects like Hunter Douglas window treatments, wallpaper, and area rugs. You can visit our showroom in Lancaster to check out our entire product selection and get advice from our expert design team. You can also contact us online with any questions. We are locally owned and operated in Lancaster, PA and proudly serve the Pennsylvania Counties of Lancaster, York, Chester, Lebanon, and Burkes.
Benjamin Moore Aura Exterior Paint
Features & Benefits:
- Patented color-lock technology for rich, vibrant color that won’t fade
- Self-priming, thick paint covers easily in a single coat
- High build fills in imperfections in the substrate so you use less paint
- Superior flow and leveling for smooth, even coverage
- Eco-friendly paint exceeds stringent environmental regulations
Features & Benefits:
- Low odor formula cleans up easily with water
- Available high-build version for older, weathered surfaces
- Excellent flow with self-leveling for even coverage
- Self-priming formula means you use less paint and finish faster
- Can be applied in low-temperature conditions to 40 degrees F
Benjamin Moore Ben® Exterior Paint
Features & Benefits:
- Affordable premium paint is an excellent value over typical big-box store paint brands
- Dependable performance with great color retention
- Resists peeling & cracking
- Fast clean up with just soap and water